(last updated on July 2015)
Personal information provided by you or gathered by Cartomancy.uk is controlled primarily by Cartomancy.uk, as data controller pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998.
(2) WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In order to personalize, develop further and continually improve the Services on Cartomancy.uk we do collect and process the following information about you:
– the information provided by you on registration, such as your name, address, or telephone number.
– information we learn about you from Your use of the Services offered by us;
– details of transactions you carry out through the Website; and
– information you provide when giving us feedback, entering competitions or completing profile forms.
(3) HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
– to provide a more personalised service;
– to deliver our services;
– to contact you regarding the services that you have requested or purchased;
– to contact you with offers, promotions or news on the services we provide
– to send you important notices (concerning matters such as changes to our terms and conditions or to our policies)
– to carry out auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and enhance the services we provide; and
– to comply with the requirements imposed by any regulator of our business
If you do not wish to be contacted about our offers, promotions or news then you can opt-out at any time by changing your preferences by contacting us via e-mail.
We may also monitor calls you make or receive when using our services for the purposes of quality control.
(4) HOW DO WE STORE AND MAINTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All personal information that you submit via the Website is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our affiliated companies and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described below, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. By submitting information via the Website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
(5) DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect among Our affiliated companies at home and abroad including our joint ventures and with any future owners of the Website.
We may from time to time employ other companies and individuals to carry out functions on our behalf including delivering services, sending mail, providing marketing assistance, analysing data and providing customer service. In order to carry out their functions these companies and individuals may require access to your personal information but we shall only disclose such relevant personal information as is needed by them to perform their functions.
Where requested to do so, we may co-operate with any court, tribunal, regulatory body, police authority or other similar authority in any investigations or proceedings concerning you or your use of the Website. This may include disclosing information about communications transmitted via these services to the authorities where required.We regard our databases of information (which will include your personal information) as an important part of our business and we will not give or sell this information to any outside organisation for use in its marketing or solicitation without your consent.
(6) COOKIES – WHAT ARE THEY AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
– simplify the logging on process for registered users;
– help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users;
– provide the mechanisms to enable us to provide our Services to you; and
– enable traffic monitoring.
Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a web-based profile. In addition, visitors who have clicked on one of our advertisements on another website that links to the Website may be sent a semi-persistent (e.g. two weeks lifetime) anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with advertising partners.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our website or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online at any of our stores or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser, but this may restrict the use of some of the Website.
(7) YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to notify us of any inaccuracies. If you would like to obtain a copy of Your personal information please write to us. You will need to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge you a fee to cover our costs incurred in providing you with a copy of your information.
(8) CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Copyright © 2016 Cartomancy.uk – All Rights Reserved